I LOVE coffee! Hot coffee, cold brew coffee, espresso, cappuccino’s… You get the point. For years, Hoboken has had the usual coffee suspects such as Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts; but recently, there have been some good mom and pop shops popping up all over town. The weather has been warm up until this past week so I’ve been enjoying cold brew since the summer. For great coffee and cool cafe’s, check out my top 5 coffee shops in hoboken:
- The Roost – This is a coffee shop plus men’s clothing store. If you’re looking for cool things to buy for your guy, this is the place to go. But I especially like The Roost for their cold brew which they infuse with nitro bubbles so the coffee is creamy without adding dairy! The cold brew is on tap which is the new way to serve it! Don’t like coffee? No problem, The Roost offers flavored teas brewed to order.
- Bean Vault – Close to the Path Train Station downtown and across from the post office, the Bean Vault is small and cozy spot to pop in for coffee or organic pastry. There’s no seats or tables but the music playing is fun and gets you going in the morning. They also have great cold brew and flavored syrups like lavender!
- BWE Kafe – Situated downtown, BWE is a quintessential coffee shop offering free wifi and plenty of places to sit but get there early because seats fill up fast! They also tend to run out of cold brew fairly quickly. It’s a great place to sit and study and people watch!
- Green Pear Cafe – This is a cute little spot in downtown Hoboken offering delicious smoothies, juices, and the BEST homemade frappuccino I’ve ever had!!! They also serve delicious food and Italian specialties. In the fall, you can sit outside with warm blankets and take in the Hoboken hustle and bustle.
- City of Saints – Located uptown Hoboken with only seating outside, City of Saints does coffee right! Delicious flavors and fast and friendly service is always delivered here.
- OK, a bonus one! O’Bagel boasts delicious bagels and their bagel sandwiches are epic! Ok, now to coffee. Their cold brew on tap! They also have Kombucha! A great energy boosting and detoxifying drink on tap as well. I think they are the only place in town that serves it!
- Well, this is turning into a bigger list than I had originally planned. Hoboken has seen a lot of new, fun coffee shops and there’s a new place in town!!! Bluestone Lane boasts a beautiful indoor location and of course, great coffee. Influenced by the coffee culture in Melbourne, Australia which means they are passionate about coffee, Bluestone offers up specialty coffee and drinks, and a fun and eclectic breakfast menu including avocado smash on Balthazar multi-grain bread. Coffee is served up in adorable turquoise blue and mint green cups and saucers. A few interesting items on the menu include a Golden Latte which is Turmeric and steamed almond milk and an Aussie Iced Latte which includes a scoop of vanilla ice cream. With my recent travels down under (Melbourne, Australia), I’m super excited to welcome Bluestone Lane to the Hoboken coffee scene!
- New coffee shop that I absolutely love just moved into town. Hudson Coffee serves Tobey Estates and it’s a great spot. They have free wifi and you can bring your computer and sit in a quite spot and work.
- The Turquoise Cup is a fun spot because you can actually pain pottery! It’s not just a coffee shop but a art studio. They have lavender syrups and the best tea latte’s too!
Well, there you have it. The next time you visit the mile square, don’t forget to check out these great places for a cup ‘o’ joe!
Until next time, here’s your passport to coffee!