This summer, I traveled to Portland, ME to experience what everyone has been talking about: food, food, and more food. This cute, quint town is a foodie’s paradise. I had some great recommendations that did not disappoint and quite frankly, elevated the food game in my opinion. These are in no particular order but are to be experienced as you wish.
- Eventide – Get here early as it’s a small space that is very popular. Best known for their oysters which are by far the best oysters I’ve ever had!!!
- J’s Oyster Bar – I’m not a big lobster fan but when in Rome, get the lobster roll here! The crab roll is great too but this place by far has the best lobster roll in town!
- Fore Street – Fore Street is an elegant and a bit more expensive restaurant and experience but worth it! Highly recommend for date night or more formal gathering. They are also a bakery and the bread is excellent. Book well in advance as the reservations fill up fast.
- Hot Suppa – The line is long but the wait is worth it! Come for brunch and get what Bon Appetit called, Portland’s best corn beef hash. They also made the Thrillist’s list for best southern restaurants outside of the south.
- Tandem Coffee – While you’re waiting for your table at Hot Suppa, walk down the street to Tandem Coffee and get a delicious cup of joe! I actually buy my coffee from and have it shipped to my home…it’s that good!
- Gelato Fiasco – As an Italian living in and around NYC, I can’t believe the best gelato I’ve ever had was in Portland, ME. Granted, I have yet to travel to Italy, but something about Gelato Fiasco had me licking my lips and cone!
- Holy Donut – These potato based donuts, which are part healthy but entirely decadent, sell out fast so get there early for your favorite flavor pick…I went straight for the sea salt donut!