I’ve always been a skincare fanatic! In fact, I used to be a Rodan + Fields skincare consultant. Although I don’t sell their product anymore, I am still a big fan of their regimes. For one, they’ve already done the research for you and their step-by-step process has been clinically studied and proven to work. I like that they are providing not only skincare products but also tools to help increase the effects of their products. I use their Redefine Regimen which is their anti-wrinkle line.
I’m also like experimenting with new products and tools to optimize my results and try new things.
So without further ado, here is my skincare routine in the morning and night.
All R+F’s products are part of the Redefine Regimen linked in beginning of blog.
In the morning, I don’t wash my face with a cleanser. I don’t think it’s necessary so I simply rinse my skin with warm water, pat dry then:
- Jade roll my face. I like Herbivore Botanicals’ Jade Roller. Pop the Jade Roller in the freezer for 10-20 minutes. Then roll upwards and outwards on the face using both the big and small roller. I use the smaller side near the eyes. The roller is great for reducing inflammation and puffiness.
- Two pumps of Estee Lauder’s New Dimension Shape + Fill Expert Serum
- Apply Rodan + Field’s Triple Defense Treatment AM Moisturizer with SPF 30.
- Apply Dior’s One Essential City Defense Anti-Toxines, Haute Protection, Pollution and UV with SPF 50. This is a MUST for anyone living in a big city like New York.
- Apply Rodan + Field’s Multi-Function Eye Cream
- Start applying makeup. I absolutely love Dr. Jart’s BB Cream from Sephora. It leaves my skin glowing plus it has an SPF of 45!
At night, my skincare routine gets a bit more in depth since I’ll be removing makeup.
- Remove makeup with cleansing wipes. I like to try a variety of different brands. Find one that works best for you.
- Wash face with R+F Daily Cleansing Mask. Leave on for 2 minutes then scrub off gently and rinse.
- Remove eye makeup. I love Mary Kay’s Eye Makeup Remover.
- Use R+F’s pore minimizing toner
- 2x a week, I use L’Occitane’s Reine Blanche Exfoliating and Illuminating Scrub
- Use R+F’s Micro-Exfoliating Roller + Intensive Renewing Serum
- Apply R+F’s Restorative Night Cream
I’m also a big fan of L’Occitane’s products. I love their body products especially the Hand Cream. I love the smell and feeling of the cream plus it’s not watery and locks in moisture and the packaging is super cute. I also use their Immortelle Divine Lotion which is more like a toner than a lotion. This is great if you need a little extra moisture for the skin.
So those are my go-to essentials skincare essentials. However, I’m also trying to be smart about what I put in my body. It’s not just what you are doing on the outside but also inside that reflects onto your skin.
I just also starting using Vital Proteins’ Collagen Peptides. I stir one packet into my coffee or smoothie every morning. It’s great for hair, skin, nails, bone and joint health. I also take two Ritual’s multi-vitamins everyday. I’ve noticed a big difference in my nails. They are growing long and strong!
The best skincare tips I’ve received are:
- Use SPF daily – the sun is probably the most damaging to our skin and is the main cause of wrinkles.
- The night time is for skin rejuvenation so your skincare products should reflect that. R+F’s micro-exfoliating roller, and night cream go to work when you sleep.
- Stay hydrated. I love warm lemon water and drink it daily
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep
- I also discovered Meghan Markle’s London based facialist Nichola Joss’ step-by-step facial massage guide:
As far as treatments go, I don’t get a lot of facials but am interested in laser-treatments. I haven’t tried one yet but it’s on my list!
Thank you for reading. Comment below and tell me your favorite skincare products! I’m always shopping for the best!
Until next time, here’s your Passport to Lifestyle.